I hope you are having a wonderful June. Are you traveling this summer?
I just came back from a trip to New York. I lived there when I was a senior in high school and it was fun to be in the city again. I had a great view of the city and enjoyed walking in Central Park. While shopping at a local health food store, I felt like I won the lottery when I found a new snack, Awesome Foods Raw Poppadoms.
It was a relaxing trip because I did a little advanced information gathering about grocery stores and restaurants that were gluten free friendly. While I was still at home I gather information about grocery stores and restaurants.
Below is a list of thing I did to prepare for my trip:
- Goggled health food stores near my hotel.
- Called my hotel and asked about grocery or health food stores nearby.
- Asked hotel if it had a list of stores and restaurants that are gluten free friendly and called them.
- Goggled gluten free support groups in NYC and checked their websites for information about stores and restaurants.
- Checked out apps like gluten free registry, allergy free and eat gluten free.
While traveling, I thought of it as a picnic on the go. I used a cooler bag making sure the ices packs were frozen. I packed my favorite snacks, fruit, lettuce wraps, Enjoy Life Trail Mix, gluten free dry soup mix. I remembered to drink water to stay hydrated.
Love, Light, and Laughter,
If you are in Kalamazoo on Saturday June 28th, come to my Gluten Free Dessert cooking demo at the Natural Health Center of Kalamazoo from 10-11:30. For only $5 you will get tips, recipes and of course samples. For anyone who signs up before June 18, you will get a special gift. To reserve your spot call the Natural Health Food Center of Kalamazoo at 269-342-9459.
Not in Kalamazoo? Or maybe you would like more information about my coaching? How about a complementary breakthrough session? To schedule one, email me at email@example.com.